Chief Conductor Gudni A. Emilsson leads TPO in Orff’s Carmina Burana – a giant cantata about love, lust, the pleasures of drinking, and the heightened moods evoked by springtime. If you do not recognize the title, you still know this music. Its opening “O Fortuna” is well known through countless quotations in commercials and films. To cap off this spectacular program, Berlin Philharmonic oboist Christoph Hartmann returns to perform Mozart’s Oboe Concerto in C Major.
- 3 June 2016 / 7.00 p.m. / PMH (Pre-Concert Talk 6.15 p.m.)
- 4 June 2016 / 4.00 p.m. / PMH (Pre-Concert Talk 3.15 p.m.)
Conductor: Gudni A. Emilsson
- Thai Traditional Music
- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart: Overture to “Der Schauspieldirektor”, K. 486
- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart: Oboe Concerto in C Major, K. 314
- Carl Orff: Carmina Burana